RE: REcover DB from data files

From: Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:16:16 -0500

Mark,

Oradim only creates the service. It can optionally start the database, but does not always do so.

Look at services on the machine and make sure that the oracleserviceSID is started.

From the dos command line:

Sqlplus /nolog

Connect / as sysdba

Startup;

What if any message did you get? What does the alertSID.ora file in the bdump directory say?

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited. In addition, unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law, including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mark Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 1:13 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: REcover DB from data files

Guys the DB is Oracle 9i

I have the control & data, pfiles files of a previous database -same oracle version. (OS crashed, so we reinstaleld the OS and oracle but all the OS files are safe) I need to restore this to a new dtabase. How do I do it?

I tried it using oradim, the instance wouldnt start.

thanks in advance

Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/ma ilbeta>