Re: what is the process queue reference latch?

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:21:55 +0100

> Also, misses is almost twice as high as gets. I always thought that the
> misses were a sub-set of the gets, which should set a max to the amount
> of misses one could possibly get (misses <= gets). Is that correct?

I remember reading the exact meaning of GETS, MISSES etc in Steve Adam's book years ago; I don't remember the answer but I recall it wasn't perfectly intuitive. I haven't the book handy and I failed to find the detailed definition anywhere else, sorry.

Anyway from a practical point of view - MISSES should be almost zero and several orders of magnitude less than GETS, whatever the definition; so what you are experiencing is definitely an issue ...

hth (a little at least)
Alberto