RMAN: Duplication and SYSDBA

From: John P Weatherman <jweatherman91_at_alumni.wfu.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:33:05 -0500

All,

After replicating to a development database with RMAN (duplicate target database to ...) we are noticing that an account (SYSTEM) is losing its SYSDBA grant. I haven't been able to find any documentation that this is or is not supposed to be happening. Does anyone have any experience/insight into what may be happening? Could I be missing a setting somewhere or is this just a "manually reissue to grant when adding the tempfile" type of thing?

TIA, John

---

John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA