RE: Advise needed on moving data with table changes

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:29:29 -0000

>What oracle utilities will handle this best?

Application developers team is the best utility. You can A) give them a temporary SYS login or
B) you can execute their statements youself, i.e. you act as a security monitor and auditing module
C) something in between

P.S. I like it. I like the fact that database development is not kind of OS development (well, nowdays even OS'es include some migration utilities.) It's about *valuable* data. New versions should still read old data. This is good, this gives us a lot of work.