Re: Interesting Exploit in PL/SQL

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:53:54 +0000

On 12/1/06, Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> ORA-20001 ? :) Assuming you've created a before noaudit trigger... Could be
> several reasons why someone has such a trigger.

Absolutely. My point is that when others then null is fast and simple, but it will throw away errors you might wish to know about as well as the ones that you anticipate and don't care about. I'm not saying never use it, just that it is *usually* seen where someone hasn't thought up front about possible errors.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA