RE: Discoverer ERD's

From: Benjamin Sigursteinsson <benni_at_miracle.is>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:06:36 -0000

Yes. I know of these. The point however, would be if something like Oracle Designer, Erwin, Embarcadero or similar companies could actually read the business areas and reverse engineer a picture of the relationships. I've been googling for this lately with no luck. I guess it simply does not exist and it sits in a grey area anyway with respect to foreign keys etc. My opinion of this is that this should be a feature of Discoverer, just as this is a feature of i.e. Business Objects. But thanks for the input.

Benjamin

From: Job Miller [mailto:jobmiller_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:18 PM To: Benjamin Sigursteinsson; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Discoverer ERD's

There are some eul workbooks that provide reports on the content of the Business Areas. These reports may serve your need to report on the contents of the BA/Folders/Items/Workbooks/relationships/etc..

look for the eul admin workbooks. you have to install them separately.

Job

Does anyone out there know of a tool that might be used to graph a Discovererer Business Area? This is sometimes the only documentation on foreign keys and relations between tables that exists in companies. It would be handy to extract that information using the BA's where they exist. And yes, I am aware of that a Business Area may not accurately reflect the structure of a database.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Benjamin

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited. <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http:/us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http:/music.yahoo .com/unlimited/>