Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:16:02 -0500

When I was working with 10gCRS+VCS - we disabled autostart of CRS resources that we wanted to control from VCS. We than had to write our own VCS agents that monitored status of resources based on CRS command line utilities This is the approach Oracle was ready to support after somewhat long discussions.

Regarding support requesting to reproduce the problem without vendor clusterware. I didn't experience that but I can believe this might be a dirty trick of support.
Just an example - at some point we even got together on the "round table" with support from 3 sides - Veritas, HP and Oracle. Of course, that's won't happen for regular issues and relatively small customers but big enterprises can get enough support if they know where to push.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group