RE: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:01:54 -0800

        Right on the money Kevin. Oracle is becoming more and more of a dictator and thinks of itself as a one-stop-shop, which just can not be true and is not. It is my understanding that they gave VERITAS a tough time when they were certifying SFRAC with 10GR2 for both 4.x and 5.x.

...I'm sure they did. If you read the RAC Technology Certification Matrix for other platforms, notably Linux, you'll notice that SFRAC is still not listed--whereas PolyServe is. Now if I was an ordinary person one would expect that fact to make me happy since I work for PolyServe. On the contrary I am neither normal, nor do I like that fact. Veritas should be allowed to participate in all Oracle certification programs as such programs exist. With Oracle-validated (RTCM), technology to choose from, datacenter choices can be made based on intelligence rather than fear. Competition is good for the customer and PolyServe wishes there was more of it. To quote someone I'd actually rather die than quote, as Bush said, "Bring it on". However,
since the playing field is being manipulated, the competition factor is muddled.

On the topic of competition, it seems Larry's claims that the UL thing is a competitive move has proven true. Look for upcoming PolyServe/Redhat joint press releases about Bi-lateral support agreements across the entire PolyServe stack--arbitrated if ever necessary by TSANet. Now THAT is how businesses with customer success at heart behave, isn't it?

I'll blog on that soon

kevinclosson.wordpress.com