RE: Multiple Listener

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:39:36 -0600

I'm not sure, but I believe I ran into the bug described in Metalink 361685.1 where the 9i listener refuses all connections to the auto-registered 8i DB after the first.

Especially with an 8.0 DB, which can't auto-register, I would still be inclined to run multiple listeners. Then again, I'm paranoid that way. But I can be assured that I wouldn't run into any cross-version issues, especially given the support status of the older DBs listed.

My $.02,
Rich