Re: SYS.OBJ$ contention

From: Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:58:24 +1100

On 11/28/06, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com> wrote:
> How about using GTTs rather than creating tables on the fly. Changing
> attributes of dictionary tables, if that's what you mean by
> increasing freelist, is a sure way for your database to become unsupported.

GTTs still touch sys.obj$ (at least, in the 9i test I just did)

SQL> create table foo (bar number);

Table created.

SQL> create global temporary table tempfoo (bar number);

Table created.

SQL> select name from sys.obj$ where ctime > '28-NOV-06';

NAME

FOO
TEMPFOO Is there something less "impactful" about GTTs here?

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)