Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:13:12 +0100

Hi all

I carried out first of four 10g RAC R2 with Veritas SFRAC installation today.

There were some network configuration problems which still need to be issued, I am not sure if this normal configuration under Solaris 10?

The server is a Primepower 2500 with 8 partitions where 4 RAC will be configured.

The 8 partitions had these names

server1
server2
server8

there is an internal network between these partitions with these IPs

192.168.0.1
192.168.0.2
192.168.0.8

And public IP with corrsponding entries in /etc/hosts

10.1.100.1 server1_pub
10.1.100.2 server2_pub
10.1.100.8 server8_pub

I was not aware that when you ping server1 it goes to the internal IP, 192.168.0.1, during CRS installation, in the screen where you choose Public IP, Private IP And Virtual IP OUI chose server1 hostname for the public IP interface which was wrong, it has to use server1_pub AFAIK

I wonder, does RAC need primary histname for CRS? An alias would not work?

The installation guide states that CRS need primary hostname when NOT used with Third Party Clusterware but since there is Veritas in the middle I am not sure if this network configuration is "NORMAL" or something out of order?

Thanks

--
LSC