Re: Listener is stopping !

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:07:29 -0500

On 11/27/2006 12:31:04 PM, Ajay wrote:
> Did you check the connection at server level? if you are losing packets at OS level. tracert (trace route).
> Thanks

Just out of curiosity, how would traceroute (aka tracert on Windoze platforms) help me with losing packets? You could probably find out something, but not much, by using ping instead of hopping through the routers and finding out that there is a route to the destination host. netstat -s and netstat -i would be far more useful for that. One would normally use ping to determine line throughput and latency.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com