v$shared_pool_reserved

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:34:59 +0100

Hi all,

9.2.0.4 non-RAC on Solaris.

In looking at v$shared_pool_reserved, specifically at request_failures, I get :

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL> select request_failures from v$shared_pool_reserved;

REQUEST_FAILURES

              .5

How can a request only half fail ?

v$fixed_view_definition defines request_failures as : avg(x$kghlu.kghlunfu) which of course doens't have to be a whole number; it just doesn't make sense to me.

mvg/regards

Jo

AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World" NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the copy you received.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Nov 24 2006 - 02:34:59 CST