RE: Day Light Savings Time in US

From: Pass, Stephanie <Stephanie_Pass_at_cable.comcast.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:06:26 -0700

Yea like 12/31/1999 23:59

I have same issue; too many irons in the fire right now.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jesse, Rich Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 10:08 AM To: Pass, Stephanie; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Day Light Savings Time in US

Hey Steph!

That's exactly where I'm at. But my main priority right now is hammering out 6 new DBs for our ERP migration/implementation, and all the fun that accompanies it, so it's taken a backseat for now.

Funny, that sounds familiar -- sometime around 1999, I think... :)

Rich

From: Pass, Stephanie [mailto:Stephanie_Pass_at_cable.comcast.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:48 PM To: Jesse, Rich; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Day Light Savings Time in US

Yes. Are you being "proactive"???

 It looks as though any 9i db that uses timestamps or any 10g db will require the patches (dictionary uses timestamps in 10g).

So far it looks as though the patches will change data too. All clients that access these systems will need to be patched so they will be able to see the timestamps correctly. It looks as though iAS will require patching too;. I'm still looking and will probably see other apps that will need to be patched as I dig.

My assumption is that the OS will require a patch so Oracle will know about the change. This is going to be sooo much fun to try and coordinate this change across our organization.

From: Jesse, Rich [mailto:Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:11 PM To: Pass, Stephanie; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Day Light Savings Time in US

Do you mean this?

http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/10-2006/msg00950.html

Note the lack of responses. :) My main question is with the TIMESTAMP datatypes in the Oracle-supplied schemas. Not sure how those are impacted, if at all.

GL!

Rich

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Pass, Stephanie Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 6:17 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Q: Day Light Savings Time in US

I just started looking into the Day Light savings changes that will need to occur in Oracle before April. Both databases and clients will need to be changed if they are v9.x and especially 10.x. I haven't gotten far enough to see if any OS patches will need to occur.

Has anyone one the list started digging into it yet? I

Notes - 359145.1, 396426.1

Thanks!