RE: Advice for dblinks between two prod DBs.

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:40:47 -0600

My knee jerk, based on what I've seen so far, would be to script up something like:

  1. Grab the dblinks from DBA_DB_LINKS
  2. For each owner: 2a) Save their password from USER$ 2b) Change the password 2c) Login as that user 2d) Drop/recreate the dblink. 2e) Reset the password, based on the saved value.
  3. Repeat

Any other way *supported* way of doing this?

Rich

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
[mailto:Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us] Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:25 AM To: Guerra, Abraham J; Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Advice for dblinks between two prod DBs.

Only a fool would take this advice.

Updating internal tables directly with the advice of Oracle support is asking for a complete database restore.

I would strongly suggest you do not do this.