RE: enqueue waits for an INSERT statement

From: Sam Chakkanat <cvsam_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 05:58:26 -0800

Ram,

Please check the intitrans for the big table. Also, does the big table has indexes?
Is this process is only one time or you expect to have this insert ongoing? One of my client, I have done increasing the inittrans of table and associated indexes,
the NEXT segment space and the PCTFREE parameter. If this is a batch inserts
and could manageable, then you could disable all associated indexes and try.

Sam