resize datafile problem

From: Kean Jacinta <jacintakean_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:56:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi ,

I have create a datafile psub_datafile1  in PSUB tablespace . Apparently i set the datafile to unlimited  and increment_by = 1.  The database has use this datafile.
Would it be possible to resize my datafile to this :

alter database datafile '/oracle/sub/datafile4/psub_1/psub_datafile1.dbf' resize 2000M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 20M MAXSIZE 2000M

I an afraid this command might corrupt the datafile and endup losing data. I queryt this

SELECT FILE#, STATUS, ENABLED, CHECKPOINT_CHANGE#, BYTES, CREATE_BYTES, NAME FROM V$DATAFILE;

and relize that the BYTES and CREATED_BYTES for this datafile  is having the same value

BYTES                CREATED_BYTES
2097152000   2097152000

Pls teach me and give me some opinion what can i do .

thank in advance.

JK

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr