RE: Gigabit-card for Linux/x86

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:47:14 -0500

Amir,
 I have in-expensive AirLink 10/100/1000 PCI Network Adapter card running in RHEL4.0 now and they work good. Model #AGIGA32PCI   REALTEK RTL8169/8110 Familt Gigabit Ethernet NIC www.Airlinkplus.com

Also an AirLink 10/100/1000 hub.
Ron

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hameed, Amir Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 13:39 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Gigabit-card for Linux/x86

Folks,
I am setting up a 10GR2 RAC on two x86 servers running RHL 4. I am thinking of purchasing two gigabit cards to setup a private gigabit network. One think that I want to make sure is that the Linux drivers are available for that card so that I do not waste my time to configure it. Has anyone recently purchased any Gigabit card - at reasonable price - and configured with RHL that they would like to recommend? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amir

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 21 2006 - 13:47:14 CST