Re: Hibernate and After-Insert trigger

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:46:27 -0800 (PST)

Luc wrote: >When I insert manually into the table, the after-insert trigger is firing. >When the insert come from Hibernate, it look like the trigger is not firing ..... Paul replied: >>Check out the AskTom site for yo-yo updating. How does it 'look like': the trigger doesn't fire, or the data (eg audit columns etc) aren't correctly set? Is it possible that Hibernate is issuing an insert followed by (one or more) updates, without noticing (and so p**ing over) whatever changes your after-insert trigger made? Should be easily detected if you turn on tracing (including bind values). Check the configuration for property/insert and property/update for those columns; insert=FALSE, update=TRUE and no way of reading back the after insert settings might do the trick (but I'm not a Hibernate user, so I could be way off there). HTH Regards Nigel