RE: Is Oracle for Solaris x86 ready for prime time?

From: Jim Newman <jim.newman_at_iovation.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:13:41 -0800

No, we're not. I wasn't quite ready to relinquish control to this new feature.

Would you recommend it?

Jim Newman

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 2:09 PM
To: Jim Newman
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Is Oracle for Solaris x86 ready for prime time?

On 11/20/06, Jim Newman <jim.newman_at_iovation.com> wrote:

        Thanks, though it's too late on our release decision. We've been on

        10gR2 in Solaris for about 9 months now, and it has been a surprisingly

        stable environment.

Are you using AMM? ( Automatic Memory Management - db_cache_size, etc)

--
Jared Still

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.

io.gif