Re: Is Oracle for Solaris x86 ready for prime time?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:00:42 -0500

My reply might be a bit aside from the question. But... If you are looking at 10gR2 for critical production systems than you are amongst pioneers anyway. One can argue that they are running 10g in production for a year or more but definitions of criticality vary. I also saw the speculations flowing that it was a political decision to step away from Solaris x86 starting with Oracle 9i and than Sun realized that this was a lousy decision. All IMHO.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group