RE: v$sesstat vs v$mystat. A curiousity

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:48:37 -0000

Hi,

The info you see in those tables does come from shared pool, but is collected into PGA before returning to client. This happens for non-trivial X$ tables which don't just read from an array based on hard-coded offsets but rather have to do some more work for getting the info.

See how a set of the same addresses is used for returning data:

SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$ksusesta;

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR
-------- --------

08348BAC 08348BAC   SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$ksusesta;

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR
-------- --------

08349BC4 08349BC4

SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$ksumysta;

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR
-------- --------

08348BAC 08348BAC   SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$ksumysta;

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR

08349BC4 08349BC4

SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$kccfn; <-- controlfile info is also read from disk to PGA before presenting it

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR

08348BAC 08348BAC   SQL> select min(addr), max(addr) from x$kccfn;

MIN(ADDR MAX(ADDR

08349BC4 08349BC4

Tanel.