Re: comparing Oracle and MS SQL Server 2005

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:47:43 -0800

Bjørn,

I don't have an Oracle to MS2K5 comparison, but I do have a short article that describes the concepts of SS2K from an Oracle perspective. This is at http://www.sqlpass.org/news/05June/index.cfm?passnews=SQL_Server. Let me know if this helps! (I had a note from the MS Product Manager contending the locking model in SS2K - he did not have a reply when I explained how Oracle is superior!)

As for best practices, you might want to look at PASS (Professional Association of SQL Server Professional), an equivalent of IOUG

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **