RE: Upgrade to 10G from 9i best practices

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:39:02 -0700

Good Stuff Rich, thanks!

Here is a new one for your list that I just found out about today. I've been wondering for a while now why my gethitratio was so terrible:

SQL> select gets, gethits, gethitratio from v$librarycache where namespace = 'SQL AREA';

      GETS GETHITS GETHITRATIO

    122939 2640 .021474064

Now I know it's just being reported incorrectly in v$librarycache:

Note:394383.1
Subject: Unusually low gethit ratio in statspack or AWR report

Regards,
Brandon