Re: slow full table scanning + partitioning qq on 9.2.0.6

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:27:07 -0600

Cosmin,

QQ1: Solo FTS vs. FTS in a join. For certain types of join, the table scan may be slower because Oracle is performing other tasks while scanning that table. Anyway, I think it is time for you to run it again with a 10046 trace to see what is actually occurring. If you are not getting partion pruning, then you should consider parallel query.

QQ2: Looking just at your last statement, again, probably time to go for the 10046.

Don't forget that repeated execution of the same query can place some blocks in the cache and skew your results.

Apples vs. apples -- Yes definately.

Dennis Williams