statistics_level parameter --- performance impact

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:29:11 -0500

Hi,

We are in the development phase and have Oracle 10.2.0.2 on Sun Solaris 10. By default statistics_level is set to typical and optimizer_dynamic_sampling =2

We will be doing testing at our end also but It will be great if you can send your feedback regarding how much performance impact can this parameters cause that can offset the benefits of lot of auto options.

In our application we insert about 10k rows daily in few tables and about 3-5M rows in 5-6 big tables. We seldomly use update operation and delets can be in range of 1-2% of inserts.

Thanks

--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 16 2006 - 12:29:11 CST