v$sesstat vs v$mystat. A curiousity

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:37:20 -0500

Poking around with (g)v$mystat and (g)v$sesstat (looking in v$fixed_view_definition) I noticed that they come from two different, but similar x$ tables.
gv$mystat --> x$ksumysta
gv$sesstat --> x$ksusesta

The table structures are the same, but x$ksumysta just has a single sid
(ksusenum) while x$ksusesta has all. Comparing a record using the same sid
and statistic# returned different addresses (ADDR) from the two tables.

I would guess that x$ksumysta is built from other underlying structures
(x$ksusesta???) otherwise we have redundant memory structures (and anyway,
how did it know and apply my ksusenum/sid?).

Nothing really important here. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what is going on?

Henry