RE: How to disable drop table flashback feature?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:59:17 -0600

One minor "gotcha" with the recycle bin is you need to be aware of it if you regularly check for invalid objects (a good idea).

My $.02,
Rich

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Sharples Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:53 PM To: Harvinder.Singh_at_metratech.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: How to disable drop table flashback feature?

flashback and drop table are two completely different things so having flashback off wont affect drop tables

anyway, this is what you want if on 10gR2

ALTER SYSTEM SET recyclebin = OFF;
its undocumented in 10gR1.

Also it doent affect space consumption as it is re-used if needed, so you dont need to change anything

On 15/11/06, Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_metratech.com> wrote:

        Now when we drop table, oracle puts them in recycle bin and we have to

        use purge syntax of drop statement, Is there any way we can disable this

        feature also so that oracle never put any objects in recycle folder and

        we don't need to modify all our currect drop statements?