RE: Standby database errors running Crystal reports

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:47:15 -0500

It's been a while since I've used Crystal, but if memory serves a client control-C throws a gratuitous rollback.

I don't have a standby open in read only mode I can throw gratuitous rollbacks at handy at the moment (and besides the result might be release and patch specific).

On 10.1+ a rollback to a read only transaction for a "primary" database does not throw that error, but I suspect that if you just open a session, set transaction read only, and toss off a rollback on your open for read standby you'll get the same error. If so, then it is a pretty benign overloading of an error message. If not, I really would look for something else. I would not ultimately rely on convincing people not to hit certain characters on the keyboard; even if they cooperate in intent they can make mistakes. Still asking them to cut it out in the meantime seems useful.

Regards,

mwf