Standby database errors running Crystal reports

From: DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:37:22 -0600

We have Crystal running against a standby database. We've started seeing these errors while developing new reports. We believe it's when the developer aborts the process w/control c. I did open an SR w/oracle and their best bet was an ODBC connection error.

Has anyone else seen these errors? The database shuts down each night for recovery and opens in read-only each morning without any issues. I do have a trigger that writes a trace file anytime a connection is made from certain servers using IP addresses. I thought this might be part of the problem.

Should I be concerned with any type of corruption or any comments/thoughts would be appreciated?

My errors are:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction
ORA-06512: at line 27
ORA-12570: TNS:packet reader failure

Thanks.
Dianna G.