Re: New DB Connections Failing ?

From: Tony van Lingen <tony.vanlingen_at_epa.qld.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:44:10 +1000

Dick,

He did already add the info you ask for: the OS & oracle version, the trace log and the TNSNames entry (it's in the trace log). When correcting others, it pays to read their posts completely... He's probably done the DIY, he's not new.

Vivek_Sharma wrote:

> Qs 1 – Will adding a 2^nd Listener process to each of the 2 RAC Nodes
> Help overcoming the NEW DB connections problem?

> Config:-
>
> Oracle 10.2.0.2
>
> HP-UX ver B11.23
>
> Init.ora:-
>
> processes=3500
>
> sessions=3500
>
> ../network/admin/cli_14053.trc sample:-
>
> NOTE – It has the Error 12157 below in it.
>
> [14-NOV-2006 12:48:14:839] nnfttran: exit
>
> [14-NOV-2006 12:48:14:839] nnftrne: Using tnsnames.ora address
> (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sd102-vip)(PORT =
> 1521)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sd106-vip)(PORT = 1521))
> (LOAD_BALANCE=YES) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME
> = RACBAT) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SELECT) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES =
> 180) (DELAY = 5)))) for name RACBAT

Cheers,
Tony

Richard J. Goulet wrote:

>Mladen,
>
> Come on, 99% of the questions are for some sort of technical
>help, mostly because the list is faster than OTS and more times that
>should be more knowledgeable.
>
>Vivek,
>
> I would recommend that you run a search on Metalink for this
>error as many times there is sufficient information to help you there.
>Also when sending a message like this it helps to send along the
>TNSnames entry for it as well. Heaven knows how many times I've fat
>fingered a TNS entry and could not see it. It also helps to know the OS
>and database versions. One could also follow the suggestion in the
>error message & go searching for a SQLNET.LOG file that many times has
>more than enough information to help figure out what is going on. If
>that doesn't help, turn on tracing & read that as well. But in defense
>of Mladen, do some DIY first.
>

>Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA
>45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
>Tel.: 508.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795
>RGoulet_at_kanbay.com
>: POWERING TRANSFORMATION

Disclaimer

This e-mail, including attachments if any, has originated from a Queensland government agency and may contain information that is confidential, or covered by legal professional privilege, and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this message from your computer system network.

Any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail, including attachments is prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, this e-mail, including attachments represents the views of the sender and not the views of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Although this e-mail has been checked for the presence of computer viruses, the Environmental Protection Agency provides no warranty that all possible viruses have been detected and cleaned. Any use of this e-mail could harm your computer system.