Re: Change block tracking and corruption detection in 10g

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:56:38 -0800

This does not necessarily defeat the purpose of the block change tracking file.

The change file is used to speed up backups. If there is some reason to suspect
database corruption (say, following a disk failure) you probably want to do a full scan.

What I do care about is running a backup, finding out there are bad blocks, fixing the problem and then running another backup.

The backup window gets rather crowded at times.

This is dependent on several things, such as your backup system, and the size of the database.

Jared

--
Jared Still