Re: Delete rows faster ?

From: Vlad Sadilovskiy <vlovsky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:23:06 -0500

Dean,

This is very generic question you might want to rephrase it, make it more concrete. Any operation has its impact on the overall system performance. And subsequently your original question in most cases equivalent to asking "how do I make my system faster?".

I suggest starting with tracking down the corresponding bottleneck/culprit and try to remove/fix it. It could be anything starting from hardware I/O capacity to inappropriate statistics if delete contains sub query and it's the query that is slow.