Re: Aligning Oracle Blocks with Filesystem Block Size

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:26:13 +0100

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply, I know it has some impact unfortunately this database was created by someone who left the company several monsth ago.

I wonder, why HP is gonna do 2 data block reads? Does it work this way: - Oracle does index range scan and scans 10 blocks, 10 system calls, HP runs 10 systems calls and read 10 8k blocks.
Or how does it work?

By the way I am putting this to Direct I/O soon. Convosync and mincache to direct, I recogn it would achieve some improvements.

TIA Alex