Re: silent Installation

From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 06:21:43 -0800 (PST)

Thank you sir,

  Its worked fine when I edited custom.rsp,dbca.rsp,emca.rsp,enterprise.rsp,netca.rsp only.

Johan Muller <johan.muller_at_gmail.com> wrote:   I could be wrong, but Metalink had an article on this - basic solution is to unzip Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3 into one common directory. Unsure on LOCATION_FOR_DISK3 setting though.

This problem goes away in 10G though; I've run a few dozen silent installs problemfree sofar..

  On 11/13/06, Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Hii,

  I am trying to install oracle 9i on solaris in silent mode.I have edited response files as per instruction available in Net.   I have edited LOCATION_FOR_DISK3=/tmp/oracle_install/d3 than also installation logs has following error.   "Unable to find disk 3. Installation cannot continue"   than I have recorded response file bu this command   ./runInstaller -record -destinationFile /tmp/response/orasol.rsp   It has generated response file and I have tried with this file than aslo same error.   Can you help me with this regard

  Thanks,
  Murtuja

Johan Muller
Oracle DBA
(214) 676 2147 anytime.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 08:21:43 CST