DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER

From: Ebadi, Abdul <Abdul.Ebadi_at_Level3.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:22:51 -0700

Does anyone know how to copy an Oracle-managed ASM datafile using DBMS_FILE_TRANSFER.COPY_FILE keeping the status of the file as oracle-managed after the copy/rename? We are get error ORA-15046 when trying to do this. We can copy the file to another name and it works just fine, but the problem is it is no longer an oracle-managed file, which is not what we want. Any suggestions?

We are on Oracle RAC version 10.2.0.2.0 with ASM on Solaris 10.

Thanks