RE: Tried "rsync" for Database (Hot/Cold/Snapshot), Binaries, Arc hiveLogs

From: Lawie, Duncan <duncan.lawie_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:33:00 -0000

I've used it to "revert" a physical standby database which had been opened but not much changed.

However, my source database was another physical standby which had been taken out of recovery so that it was in a non-changing state.

I can't remember the exact syntax now, but using large rsync block sizes made sense, as a relatively small proportion of (database) blocks had changed.