Re: Oracle backups using Snapshot Technology

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:26:01 -0500

"until the split is sent to tape, there is no good backup because a disk failure in the primary backup storage can destroy the entire snapshot"

Maybe here is again terminology misuse... That statement above is, actually, irrelevant for split-mirror techniques. It's only relevant for snapshot technology.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group