Re: sqlplus and error stream

From: Remigiusz Sokołowski <rems_at_wp-sa.pl>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:46:32 +0100

Michael Fontana wrote:

>try this:
>
>sqlplus > set feedback off veri off

Hi!
It is not enough. Feedback turns on/off some additional information on sql success.
Echo turns off/on sql statement repetition. However let's assume we have a sql which failed - server returns some message
about failure, which is displayed - I do not know, how to avoid it. That is why I name it an "error stream" - by analogy to stderr - of course in sqlplus there could be no such mechanism

Best regards
Remigiusz

--
Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems_at_wp-sa.pl>