Optimal configuration of Xiotech Magnitude for RMAN backups

From: Jeffery Thomas <jeffthomas24_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:28:14 -0500

I know this is an older, slower array but it's all I have to use for backing up a 500-GB test OLAP
database. My understanding is that the rated throughput is 75Mb/sec. I'm running
Oracle 9.2.0.6 on Solaris 9, Sunfire v1280. I've been given 32 disks in the array, roughly
1 terrabyte, and have been asked how I wanted them configured. Due to the slower speed
of the Magnitude, what would you suggest for configuring these disks? One /backup
mount point, RAID 10, striped across all 32 disks?

Thanks,
Jeff