Re: Oracle text lookup...

From: <dcosta_at_lnec.pt>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:48:43 -0000 (WET)

Hello !

I Hoppe the following example will help You. The instruction for creating the index may be the cause for Your problem.

drop table ORG_NAME;
create table ORG_NAME (NAME varchar2(12));

drop index ORG_NAME_NAME;
create index ORG_NAME_NAME on ORG_NAME(NAME) INDEXTYPE IS ctxsys.context;

insert into ORG_NAME values('my ward');
insert into ORG_NAME values('your ward');
insert into ORG_NAME values('backward');
insert into ORG_NAME values('frontward');
insert into ORG_NAME values('forward');

SQL> select   NAME
2    from     ORG_NAME

3 where contains(NAME, '% ward') > 0;