RE: CSS daemon

From: Polarski, Bernard <Bernard.Polarski_at_atosorigin.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:06:57 +0100

it can just be a problem of permission on /var/tmp/.oracle. (386898.1)

B.Polarski

From: Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, 07 November, 2006 6:04 PM To: Alex Gorbachev
Cc: varads7_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: CSS daemon

Thanks Alex and will wait for the response.

Sanjay

Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:

	Your situation definitely rings a bell but I don't remeber the
	resolution. Anyway I believe there might be a number of reasons.
	would look into this script (it's just a shell script) and dig
from
	there.

	On 11/7/06, Sanjay Mishra wrote:

> Alex
>
> If I use the inittab which is anyway been called when the
system was bounced
> or if I do manually using /etc/init.d/init.cssd, I can't see
the ocssd
> daemon running. I tried to run manually and it says that it is
queued for 60
> or 90sec, but nothing comes up. I tried to use localconfig
reset
> ORACLE_HOME_PATH but it also tries for 600second and then says
an error that
> it gives up
-- Best regards, Alex Gorbachev The Pythian Group Sr. Oracle DBA http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex/ http://blog.oracloid.com

Cheap Talk? Check out