Re: Should I be worried about "ASM Background Timer" wait?

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:24:33 -0500

Snf that might mean your system is not quite busy. You can sample v$session_wait (or use ASH) and see which process is that. After that you can add this even as idle for statspack or whatever you use. Alternatively, you might just stop looking at system wide metrics (though, some might disagree). ;-)

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group