Re: Oracle & FC6

From: Bob <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:30:46 -0500

Mladen , do yourself a huge favor and install Centos. http://www.centos.org/
Centos makes every other version of Linux look and behave like crap.

Even though you have allot of experience, I suggest Howard Rodgers guide, http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/50
he introduces some methods that one may be unaware of. Check it out for yourself - If you have the media - (Centos, and oracle) you can install them in a few hours - pain free!

Bob

Mladen Gogala wrote:

>I just installed FC6 on a partition and tried to install Oracle 10.2.0.1 for x86.
>I did install libaio, libaio-devel, compat-libstdc++

"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify
some other error located close to where the real fault lies."