RE: Hint for using a nested loop for an in subquery

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:27:08 -0500

Thanks, I have used in this query but I am still getting a hash join or a filter instead of nested loops causing the query to run for minutes instead of 285 milliseconds, so what I need is hint that will tell the query to run nested loops against the in subquery?

thanks

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

>I have used a hint in the past to force a query to use a nested loop join
> for a sub query however the name of the hint escapes me. I have googled
for
> it unsuccessfully. Anyone remember it offhand?
>
> Query looks like
>
> Select something
> From table1
> Where somethingelse in (select somethingelse from table2 where
> somethingelse2 between x and y)
>
> The ideal plan would evaluate the subquery first then use nested loops
> against an index belonging to table1. I have tried using the no_unnest,
> various index and use_nl hints unsuccessfully.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.