Hint for using a nested loop for an in subquery

From: Ken Naim <kennaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:10:07 -0500

I have used a hint in the past to force a query to use a nested loop join for a sub query however the name of the hint escapes me. I have googled for it unsuccessfully. Anyone remember it offhand?

Query looks like

Select something
From table1
Where somethingelse in (select somethingelse from table2 where somethingelse2 between x and y)

The ideal plan would evaluate the subquery first then use nested loops against an index belonging to table1. I have tried using the no_unnest, various index and use_nl hints unsuccessfully.

Thanks,
Ken