Reasons for not considering Logical Standby Databases for Reporting purposes

From: Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:01:56 -0600

Hello friends,

We are thinking of setting up a Standby database for reporting purposes during the business hours and after that apply the pending logs.

We are considering various options of multiple physical standby databases, cascaded
redo log destinations and logical standby databases.

Today, I was reading the Logical standby databases and their advantages.

Have any of you guys thought about Logical standby databases while designing a standby database where it can be used for reporting purposes.

I want to know what are the reasons or disadvantages of Logical standby databases
that prompted you for NOT TAKING Logical standby databases for such a design.

If you can give me some inputs, it would be really great...

Thanks in advance,

 Anurag