RE: ** keep/pin objects in sga

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 07:45:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Laimutis and Mark Bobak, jame tong, Eagle fan, Tanel Poder, Beranrd Polarski.

  I looked at everything. I think cursor_space_for_time will not suit our env going by what Tanel said. About sessions_cached_cursors according to metalink note 208857.1 sql I used to see the recommendation : it suggests the current value of 300 is fully used and could be candidate for increase. However, from below document http://www.miracleas.dk/tools/Miracle_2_cursor.pdf by bjorn ensig of miracle it says : 'There is some overhead in CPU, effectively making this parameter useless for values higher than 50-100.   So am trying to decide which way to go : high or low. I think if it could help with memory so should I reduce it. I think apart from that I am trying to pin objects and pinning   package,package body,function,procedure, trigger,type, sequence    I think individual sql can also be pinned but I do not know how easy and beneficial that is. Is there anything else I can pin?

  I am planning to set
  _kghdsidx_count to 1 explicitly. I assume there is no issue with that. It is having 2 subpool now. I do not know in what way 2 subpool helps.

  Thanks for all the help.

Laimutis Nedzinskas <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_landsbanki.is> wrote:

      Take a look at this too:

  http://download-uk.oracle.com/oowsf2005/003wp.pdf

  It is really one of the best explanations I´ve ever seen. At least it sounds close to what Oracle programmers really did.

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of jame tong Sent: 24. október 2006 07:43
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: ** keep/pin objects in sga

have a read at this document .