RE: Weirdness with 'ons' process....

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:47:08 -0500

Hi Alex,

No, I mean there are 41,446 distinct open connections in TIME_WAIT state and 63,961 distinct open connections on the other node. Those numbers were a reference to the total aggregate number of connections on port 6101 on each node, not a reference to the source port number. Running 'netstat -an|grep -c ":6101 "' takes several minutes.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be
done at all.  -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005