Re: Did anybody try Larry's Hat?

From: Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:42:21 +0100

Hi

Just installed it and therefore not played around with it, but it is identical to RH version, it is not even modified so that you could install OracleDB on it, you still need to make the changes to sysctl.conf as in RH to make oracle install. So everything you could do with RH you could make with this distribution, including install MySQL and postgresql :)

And my suggestion is that they strip it down to a server installation only, get rid of openoffice and all the other junk not needed to run the oracle software, otherwise they will have a nightmare supporting and enhance this distribution...

But everything comes down to their goal with this, a full distribution or one optimized for running oracle.

/johan